Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

The Schoolroom

The past few weeks have been filled with Ikea, Amazon purchases, and a myriad of homeschooling blogs. I've gone from feeling nervous, to excited, to... what the heck am I doing??? There is SO much information out there that it's easy to get overwhelmed, especially when you have never before looked into homeschooling (becuase ya know, it wasn't an option.) So now I'm trying not to sink as I tread the waters of all things preschool. I feel really blessed and lucky in a way, that we have made this decision now while I can't really screw anything up. I mean, preschool isn't even required so I have no doubt I'll do okay and worst case have them overly ready for Kinder. Best case though, we'll find our groove over the course of the year and work out the kinks so we can have a great Kinder year next year. But baby steps... one year at a time!

The front room of our house which should be a dining/living room has always been a sort of multi-purpose room. It started out as a playroom for the girls, becuase that was way more practical moving in with 2 babies than a formal dining room. The playroom has changed as the girls toys and needs have changed. This is the playroom after we ripped out the carpet and added the wood floors to match the rest of the downstairs a year ago.


September 2010 009_2WEB


The schoolroom/playroom is still a work in progress, but I'm so excited that it's coming along. We added bookcases to the back wall and a desk for each of us. It still needs to double as a playroom until they are older so I tried to make sure I accommodated both needs. I'll definitely be updating with details once things are a bit closer to being done, but it's on it's way!


September_2011 073_2

No comments:

Post a Comment